Sea Kayaking Easy Rolling Basics: Private Lesson
The ultimate self-rescue technique, a Bomb Proof Roll is the Holy Grail of kayak skills to be learned. Our Kayak Rolling Course takes a step-by-step teaching approach has helped many paddlers achieve their goal to roll a Sea Kayak. Together we will explore and discover the progressions that will work best for your individual needs. So if you like the idea of purposely tipping over to see if you can come back up, don’t mind getting wet and like the idea of hanging out up upside down have we got an experience for you!
Note: Best results our Kayak Rolling Course is taught as a private course with 2- students per session in two to three sessions.
“I know what the bottom of your lake looks like… but I’ve also now got an awesome roll!”
– M. Lee
Kayak Rolling Course
Prerequisites: Recommended completion of our Intro. to Sea Kayaking is or equivalant experience
Length: 1-2 Hours based on Participant’s Requirements
Location: Frontenac Outfitters Canoe & Kayak Centre
Cost: $65.00 (per hour) + 13% HST
Note: For group sessions, an additional $35.00 an hour per student is applicable.
How to Book
Contact Us about customizing a date for a Kayak Rolling Course!
- How to stay relaxed & loose
- How not to over-extend or over-exert
- Wet-exit (lets see how long you can hold your breath)
- Low & high brace
- Proper set-up
- Gentle sweep
- Hip flick
- Head dink
- Finish position
- Tricks to catch errors, correct & refine your roll yourself
Note: we normally teach a Gentle Sweep Roll but you can also learn C-to-C and Pawlata Rolls.
How to Book
- Class dates & size are limited & book up quickly
- To sign up please refer to our online registration package
- Courses run rain or shine
What we Provide
- Sea Kayak or bring your own (proper fit is essential)
- Paddle Leash
- Spray Skirt
Stuff to Bring
- Swim wear
- Complete change of clothes & towel
- Wide brimmed hat, sunglasses eyeglass straps (we sell here)
- Water bottle & snacks
- A Positive Attitude
- We sell nose plugs & eye glasses holders, and a mask can be provided
Should you have any questions about our Kayak Rolling Course please do not hesitate to call 613.376.6220 or email us at: [email protected]
To view the Paddle Canada website, Click Here