Dagger Kayaks Stratos 14.5s Kayak Review
The Stratos 14.5S kayak has been designed to fit small & medium-sized paddlers from 110 to about 160 lbs that crave adventures or wish to grow skills without jumping to a full size performance touring boat (sea kayak). The wider beam, larger fitting cockpit, and flared ends improve capacity and gear storage, while the rockered hull and defined sides offer great maneuverability, confident edging, and decent speed for a kayak of its length.
The Stratos 14.5S kayak excels in flat-water and the responsive hull makes it suitable for playing in the waves. It is just at home on tidal estuaries and meandering rivers making the Stratos one of the most versatile touring kayaks available. New paddlers will appreciate the stability and forgiveness offered through the increased beam and volume, while seasoned kayakers will enjoy the maneuverability and responsiveness it’s moderately rockered hull provides. With Dagger Kayaks traditionally catering to whitewater or moving water environments, the Stratos 14.5S is versatile enough to also perform in class 1 and class 2 rapids.
An adjustable drop-skeg is included with the Stratos 14.5S kayak as a tracking aid, and with two hatches, bulkheads, and deck bungees, gear storage has never been easier. Additionally, the sealed bulkheads provide ample positive buoyancy for safety during a capsize.
Perfect for casual outings, two or three night touring trips or inspiring moving water adventures, the Stratos 14.5S kayak does it all and stays with you on every step of your journey!
Note: Dagger Stratos and Dagger Alchemy Kayaks look and perform very similarly, however the following differences exist;
- Stratos Kayaks are slightly longer, slightly wider and offer additional deck height
- The Kayak cockpit is longer and the thighbrace fit is more liberal than the Alchemy Kayak line
- Stratos Kayaks do ‘NOT’ include a 3rd Day Hatch
- The Skeg mechanism is different.
- ConTour CFS Seating System
- Adjustable Padded Thigh Braces
- SlideLock Foot Brace System
- Bow, Center, and Stern Hatches
- Bow, Midship, and Stern Bulkheads
- Bungee Deck Rigging
- Soft Touch Carry Handles
- TruTrak Premium Skeg System
- Hull Support Beam
- Water Bottle Holder
- Deck Compass Mount (compass not included)
- Tamper Proof Locking Point / Tow Point
Experience a Vastly Superior Purchasing Process.
Frontenac Outfitters invites YOU to Paddle With Us.
We Stock Hundreds & offer Free Test Paddling Everyday!
Ontario’s Kayak Experts, since 1984
To view the Stratos 14.5S kayak on Dagger’s website, Click Here