Paddleboard Event and Sale
Join us Saturday, June 4th for a day of walking on water at Frontenac Outfitters’ 1st Annual Paddleboard Event and Sale!
The event shines the spotlight on stand up paddleboarding (SUP) and how it compliments canoeing and kayaking. As one of the fastest growing segments of paddlesports, this unique form of paddling gives you a different perspective on the water and offers a number of health benefits. From mental serenity to full-body fitness, SUP provides peace of mind both inside and out!
During the paddleboard event and sale, you’ll have the opportunity to learn all about the history and evolution of SUP with the chance of trying your feet on the boards. On land, we’ll discuss What’SUP and educate you on the different styles of boards available, their ideal uses, and what’s right for you and your needs. On water, there will be free instruction and demonstrations including SUP yoga and fishing!
Attending the event and lending their expertise is Tuga SUP’s owner and shaper, Mauricio Di Bartolomeo and his wife Lia, a SUP Yoga Instructor and certified paddler. Although we are still awaiting confirmation, Level Six SUP will also be lending their sponsored paddler Daryl-Lisa who co-owns and teaches paddleboarding out of the Ottawa-based Liquid Skills SUP School. Together, they will be teaching you the basic techniques of stand up paddleboarding including the proper equipment needed and what it takes to be safe on the water. For those interested, you’ll have a chance to try SUP Yoga and experience a side of fitness unlike anything you’ll find in a busy, and sometimes intimidating, gym environment.
For those purchasing during the paddleboard event and sale, we’re offering in-store gear credits to help get you started on SUP! Credits vary depending on the make and model, so be sure to ask our experienced staff about what’s the right choice for you.
Frontenac Outfitters’ 1st Annual Paddleboard Event and Sale takes place Saturday, June 4th beginning at 11:00am. Here’s a peek at a breakdown of the schedule for the day:
- What’SUP (11:00am – 12:00pm)
- Different boards available and their purposes
- Materials of construction including pros & cons of each
- Equipment needed and water safety
- SUP Paddling clothing available
- Proper paddling technique (theory)
- Break for Lunch (12:00pm – 1:00pm)
- Recommended to bring your own lunch – we have a fridge on-site for those who need it
- Opportunity to chat about what’s right for you for those interested in purchasing
- On-Water Demo (1:00pm – 4:00pm)
- How-to SUP including proper paddle stroke, stance, and basic technique
- SUP Yoga mini seminar
- SUP Fishing
- On-Water Activities will be rotated in groups to maximize student-to-instructor ratio
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own boards if they have one
- We have a limited amount of demo boards available, so we can only get a select number of students on the water at a time
- A change of clothes is recommended
To help us organize the paddleboard event and sale, please send us an email to [email protected] and let us know you’re coming!
We look forward to seeing you!
Experience a Vastly Superior Purchasing Process
Frontenac Outfitters invites YOU to Paddle With Us
We Stock Hundreds & offer Free Test Paddling 6 Days a Week!
Ontario’s Kayak Experts since 1984