Paddling Programs and Courses
About Frontenac Outfitters Courses & Instructors
We believe that educated paddlers are safer more confident paddlers! Frontenac Outfitters has been successfully introducing people to kayaking for over 30- Years. We offer a wide range of Paddle Canada certified & non-certified Kayak Courses, Clinics & Paddle Days to satisfy paddlers of all ages and experience levels. Our courses are designed to develop the connection between the paddler & kayak to best enable you to get more enjoyment & performance from your kayak. The sheltered, warm waters of our own beautiful Pearkes Lake provide the perfect on-site location to refine your techniques.
Zack Fiddis (owner) is a Paddle Canada certified instructor, and teach all Frontenac Outfitters Courses. With an emphasis on safety he shares his experiences, knowledge, and love for kayaking in a relaxed, enjoyable environment.
Our Paddlesports Centre’s massive selection of kayaks, paddling gear, and secluded campsites enhance your experience with us.
Our lifelong passion for paddling has led us around the globe from the rugged Coast of B.C.’s Vancouver Island, to Florida’s everglades and the sparkling waters of the Florida Keys. We’ve experienced the splendor of Australia’s Sydney Harbor, the magnificent waterfalls of New Zealand’s Fjord Land, beyond to Central America’s Belize and both the U.S. & British Virgin Islands.
We are kayakers, let us share our expertise & passion with you!
To see a calendar of our events click here
Our Kayak Navigation Course is a new GPS/Navigation Training Course. Whether it’s Geo-caching, Trip Planning or on water Navigation… you’ll never be lost again!
Whether your passion is leading an outdoor hiking group, sea kayak navigation, Geo-caching or simply marking your favorite fishing hole GPS technology has allowed us to accurately identify the coordinates of our favorite spots. Our Kayak Navigation Course provides you with the skills and resources necessary to know where you are, identify where you are going and know exactly how you are going to recognize your destination
“Frontenac Outfitters Kayak Navigation Course provided invaluable skills for our kayak trip to the Caribbean.”
– Joseph & Donna Walford- Kingston, ON
Kayak Navigation Course
Prerequisite: Working knowledge of maps is helpful.
Course Length: Determined by participant: 1-2 hour session is recommended
Location: Frontenac Outfitters Canoe & Kayak Centre’s Pearkes Lake
Cost: $75.00 (per hour) + 13% Tax
Note: For group sessions, a charge of $35 per hour is applicable for each additional student.
How to Book
Contact Us to arrange your time & date!
- Purpose of GPS technology
- Fundaments of Geocaching, Trip Planning & Water/Land Navigation
- UTM Map Reading, GPS Waypoint Plotting & Route Formation
- Safety planning & Plan B requirements
- Safety equipment – what one needs to be ‘safe’
- Sea Kayak
- Paddling Gear
- Courses are non-refundable; however, a credit is kept on file in the instance of a cancellation. This credit can be used towards a future course or purchase.
- Frontenac Outfitters reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any course or clinic due to inclement weather or lack of participation
Suggested Stuff to Bring (Weather Dependant)
- Your own GPS if desired
- Wide brimmed sun hat
- Sunscreen & lip balm (waterproof)
- Water Bottle (we stock pop & water)
- Most Importantly… an attitude for having FUN!!!
Places to Stay
- We offer on-site wooded & waterfront campsites at $25 per night
- Country style B & B’s are nearby, or endless accommodation in Kingston is 30–40 minutes to the south. Places to stay
Should you have any questions about our Kayak Navigation Course please do not hesitate to call 613.376.6220 or email us at email@example.com