Paddling Programs and Courses
About Frontenac Outfitters Courses & Instructors
We believe that educated paddlers are safer more confident paddlers! Frontenac Outfitters has been successfully introducing people to kayaking for over 30- Years. We offer a wide range of Paddle Canada certified & non-certified Kayak Courses, Clinics & Paddle Days to satisfy paddlers of all ages and experience levels. Our courses are designed to develop the connection between the paddler & kayak to best enable you to get more enjoyment & performance from your kayak. The sheltered, warm waters of our own beautiful Pearkes Lake provide the perfect on-site location to refine your techniques.
Zack Fiddis (owner) is a Paddle Canada certified instructor, and teach all Frontenac Outfitters Courses. With an emphasis on safety he shares his experiences, knowledge, and love for kayaking in a relaxed, enjoyable environment.
Our Paddlesports Centre’s massive selection of kayaks, paddling gear, and secluded campsites enhance your experience with us.
Our lifelong passion for paddling has led us around the globe from the rugged Coast of B.C.’s Vancouver Island, to Florida’s everglades and the sparkling waters of the Florida Keys. We’ve experienced the splendor of Australia’s Sydney Harbor, the magnificent waterfalls of New Zealand’s Fjord Land, beyond to Central America’s Belize and both the U.S. & British Virgin Islands.
We are kayakers, let us share our expertise & passion with you!
To see a calendar of our events click here
Introduction to the Stand Up Paddle Board
SUP Board Courses: “Walk on Water With Us!”
Our 1.5-hour SUP Board Courses focuses on ‘flat-water touring’ (not surfing). Learn proper stance, paddling techniques, safety and recovery methods. We’ll cover the basic’s including SUP board construction, design, handling and transportation methods.
SUP Board Courses are taught on-site at our Paddlesports Centre on beautiful Pearkes Lake. This is a great opportunity to check out different boards, paddles, get some instruction, enjoy nature… and get WET!
Come join our team in spreading the word about this exciting new water sport. We look forward to having you in one of our SUP Board Courses!
Stand Up Paddling is the hottest new craze in watersports. It attracts all types of enthusiasts from those looking to shed a few pounds, to athletes in training, to families and social groups spending quality time together.
It’s easy to learn; yet you can continue to improve indefinitely. SUP provides a fantastic core body workout, and its unique standing position allows you to see more above & below the water. SUP is part paddling, part surfing and part body control.
Prerequisites: Willing to Learn, Have Fun, and Get Wet!
Length: 1.5 Hour
Location: Frontenac Outfitters Canoe & Kayak Centre’s Pearkes Lake
Cost: $65.00 + $8.45 (13% HST) = $73.45
Receive a 50% discount on your SUP Clinic by signing up for a our Getting Started Kayak course that runs on the same date!
How to Book
Contact Us about customizing a date for your Intro to SUP Clinic!
- Board Designs
- Board Types – Flatwater Touring, Wave/Surf Riding, Recreational and Inflatable
- Safety equipment – what one needs to be ‘legal’ vs. what one needs to be ‘safe’
On Water Skills
- Entering / Exiting from a board on a Dock / Shoreline
- Forward / Reverse Strokes
- Sweeps, Draws, Pivots, Rafting
- Proper Water Entry & Stance Techniques
- Recovery Strokes & Bracing
- Stand Up Paddleboard
- SUP Paddle
- Paddle Float
- Throw Bag
- Courses are non-refundable; however, a credit is kept on file in the instance of a cancellation. This credit can be used towards a future course or purchase.
- Frontenac Outfitters reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any course or clinic due to inclement weather or lack of participation
Suggested Stuff to Bring (Weather Dependant)
- Wide brimmed sun hat
- Sunglasses (we sell eyeglass holders & floaters)
- Sunscreen & lip balm (waterproof)
- Bathing suit & towel
- T-shirt, light long-sleeve shirt, shorts, undergarments
- Water shoes or sandals
- Water Bottle (we stock pop & water)
- Most Importantly… an attitude for having FUN!!!
Places to Stay
- We offer on-site wooded & waterfront campsites at $25 per night
- Country style B & B’s are nearby, or endless accommodation in Kingston is 30–40 minutes to the south. Places to stay
Should you have any questions about our SUP Board Courses please do not hesitate to call 613.376.6220 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Experience a Vastly Superior Purchasing Process.
Frontenac Outfitters invites YOU to Paddle With Us.
We Stock Hundreds & offer Free Test Paddling Everyday!
Ontario’s Paddlesports Experts, since 1984