Paddling Programs and Courses
About Frontenac Outfitters Courses & Instructors
We believe that educated paddlers are safer more confident paddlers! Frontenac Outfitters has been successfully introducing people to kayaking for over 30- Years. We offer a wide range of Paddle Canada certified & non-certified Kayak Courses, Clinics & Paddle Days to satisfy paddlers of all ages and experience levels. Our courses are designed to develop the connection between the paddler & kayak to best enable you to get more enjoyment & performance from your kayak. The sheltered, warm waters of our own beautiful Pearkes Lake provide the perfect on-site location to refine your techniques.
Zack Fiddis (owner) is a Paddle Canada certified instructor, and teach all Frontenac Outfitters Courses. With an emphasis on safety he shares his experiences, knowledge, and love for kayaking in a relaxed, enjoyable environment.
Our Paddlesports Centre’s massive selection of kayaks, paddling gear, and secluded campsites enhance your experience with us.
Our lifelong passion for paddling has led us around the globe from the rugged Coast of B.C.’s Vancouver Island, to Florida’s everglades and the sparkling waters of the Florida Keys. We’ve experienced the splendor of Australia’s Sydney Harbor, the magnificent waterfalls of New Zealand’s Fjord Land, beyond to Central America’s Belize and both the U.S. & British Virgin Islands.
We are kayakers, let us share our expertise & passion with you!
To see a calendar of our events click here
Stroke Improvement Clinic
Looking for ways to improve your stroke or just wanting a refresher to start the paddling season right? Our Stroke Improvement Clinic is designed to be flexible to work on what you want.
Perfecting your edge, recovery strokes, rescues … it’s your clinic. The calm waters of our Pearkes Lake location offer the perfect venue to work on your paddling techniques.
Let us help you to paddle faster, smarter, and more efficiently!
Stroke Improvement Clinic
Prerequisite: Previous kayak experience preferred
Length: Determined by participant: 2-3 hour session is recommended for beginners
Location: Frontenac Outfitters Canoe & Kayak Centre’s Pearkes Lake
Cost: $75.00 (per hour) + 13% Tax
Note: For group sessions, a charge of $35 per hour is applicable for each additional student.
How to Book
Contact Us about customizing a date for your Stroke Improvement Clinic
- Diversity of Kayak Paddles and their Intentions & Benefits
- Available Kayaking Resources
- Paddling forward, reverse & stopping
- Moving sideways
- Supporting & recovery strokes
- Stern rudder
- Paddling Strokes and Techniques (Draws, Low brace, High Brace, Forward Stroke, Forward Sweep, Reverse Sweep, Reverse Stroke, Sculling Draw)
- Courses are non-refundable; however, a credit is kept on file in the instance of a cancellation. This credit can be used towards a future course or purchase.
- Frontenac Outfitters reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any course or clinic due to inclement weather or lack of participation
Suggested Stuff to Bring (Weather Dependant)
- Wide brimmed sun hat
- Sunglasses (we sell eyeglass holders & floaters)
- Sunscreen & lip balm (waterproof)
- Bathing suit & towel
- T-shirt, light long-sleeve shirt, shorts, undergarments
- Raincoat, paddling jacket & sweater (if needed)
- Water shoes or sandals
- Kayaking Trip Log (if you have one)
- Any kayaking rescue or safety gear you use
- Pen, pencil & notebook
- Any reference material you may wish to share with the group
- Water Bottle (we stock pop & water)
- Lunch (on full-day courses)
- Most Importantly… an attitude for having FUN!!!
Places to Stay
- We offer on-site wooded & waterfront campsites at $25 per night
- Country style B & B’s are nearby, or endless accommodation in Kingston is 30 – 40 minutes to the south. Places to stay
Should you have further questions or concerns regarding our Stroke Improvement Clinic please call 613.376.6220 or email us at Frontenacoutfitters@gmail.com