Our Kayak Navigation Course is a new GPS/Navigation Training Course. Whether it’s Geo-caching, Trip Planning or on water Navigation… you’ll never be lost again!
Whether your passion is leading an outdoor hiking group, sea kayak navigation, Geo-caching or simply marking your favorite fishing hole GPS technology has allowed us to accurately identify the coordinates of our favorite spots. Our Kayak Navigation Course provides you with the skills and resources necessary to know where you are, identify where you are going and know exactly how you are going to recognize your destination
“Frontenac Outfitters Kayak Navigation Course provided invaluable skills for our kayak trip to the Caribbean.”
– Joseph & Donna Walford- Kingston, ON
Kayak Navigation Course
Prerequisite: Working knowledge of maps is helpful.
Course Length: 3.5 Hours
Location: Frontenac Outfitters Canoe & Kayak Centre’s Pearkes Lake
Cost: $85.00 + $11.05 (13% HST) = $96.05 – Sea Kayak & Paddling Gear Included
How to Book
Contact Us to arrange your time & date!
- Purpose of GPS technology
- Fundaments of Geocaching, Trip Planning & Water/Land Navigation
- UTM Map Reading, GPS Waypoint Plotting & Route Formation
- Safety planning & Plan B requirements
- Safety equipment – what one needs to be ‘safe’
- Sea Kayak
- Paddling Gear
- Cancellation for any reason within a 14-day period prior to the course/clinic will result in a forfeiture of an administration charge of $40.00 per participant.
- Frontenac Outfitters reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any course or clinic due to inclement weather or lack of participation
Suggested Stuff to Bring (Weather Dependant)
- Your own GPS if desired
- Wide brimmed sun hat
- Sunscreen & lip balm (waterproof)
- Water Bottle (we stock pop & water)
- Most Importantly… an attitude for having FUN!!!
Places to Stay
- We offer on-site wooded & waterfront campsites at $25 per night
- Country style B & B’s are nearby, or endless accommodation in Kingston is 30–40 minutes to the south. Places to stay
Should you have any questions about our Kayak Navigation Course please do not hesitate to call 613.376.6220 or email us at email@example.com