Delta 15.5GT Kayak Review
In 2015, Delta Kayaks gave it’s original flagship 15.5 Expedition model a complete redesign. The newly unveiled Delta 15.5GT is sleeker, sexier and now incorporates all of Delta Kayaks’ 2nd generation improvements and upgrades. Its optimized V-shaped hull, narrower beam, and form-fitting cockpit translates into increased speed, tracking, and overall performance!
Here’s a peek at the other changes:
- ‘Contour Seat System’ for customizable comfort and achieving a controlled fit – additional padding has been incorporated for 2015
- Ergonomic Dual-Density Hand Holds for an easier carry to and from the water
- ‘Press-Lock’ Hatch Covers for drier storage and easier access
- Innovative ‘Bungee Risers’ Bow & Stern for spare paddle storage
- Integrated Cockpit Rim to reduce weight and chance of damage
- Addition of ‘Centre Day Pod’ for quick access to small gear items out on the water
- Recessed Deck Rigging for a sleeker, no-snag tidy look
- Tamper-Proof locking / towing point
Now that’s what we call making a great boat even better!
The Delta 15.5GT Kayak is a larger version of the Delta 14 and is a wonderful choice for medium & large paddlers 170 to 250 lbs seeking a quality, no-surprises touring kayak that confidently handles virtually every water condition. The shallow Vee hull and well-defined sides provide a very solid feel for turns and edging.
Large hatches and the addition of the centre day pod offer and an incredible 261.4- liters of storage space. For longer expeditions the rear deck is engineered to be low immediately aft of the cockpit to enhance lay-back rolls, then rises to maximize storage in the stern compartment.
“Delta Kayak 15.5GT provides paddlers a roomy, user-friendly, shorter touring kayak, which retains the efficiency and predictability and upgraded features normally only found in longer, more expensive Sea Kayaks”
- Large hatches offer immense storage with ‘Press-Lock’ covers for easy access
- Rear deck is engineered to be low aft of the cockpit to enhance lay-back rolls, then rises to maximize storage in the stern compartment
- Contoured Seat System facilitates trimming the ergonomic seat a full 4 -inches (forward or aft) to optimize performance and paddler fit
- Proudly made in Canada using computer-assisted designs and a patented acrylic Solar*Kote Thermoform capstock that offers a fabulous glossy finish, is virtually indestructible, and UV protected against fading
Other Features Include:
- Comprehensive deck rigging with reflective perimeter lines
- Seadog Gas Pedal Style rudder system (vastly superior to sliding pedal systems) as it gives paddlers the ability to brace and steer independently without sacrificing one to perform the other
- The Delta 15.5GT Kayak comes with a 3- Year Limited Warranty against defective materials or workmanship to the original owner
- Cherry Red
- Sunset Orange
- Lime Green
- Arctic White
i) to improve your contact points ask us to custom install Delta’s $54.95 ‘Hip Pad Fit Kit’ , installation is FREE!
Adventure Kayak Magazine Quote:
“Delta Kayaks 15.5GT has packed the good looks, speed, tracking and capacity of a full-size expedition sea kayak into a shorter touring kayak package. All this in the best-looking thermoform kayak we’ve seen. The advantage of thermoform is that it looks as good as fibreglass, yet is cheaper and often lighter.”
Experience a Vastly Superior Purchasing Process.
Frontenac Outfitters invites YOU to Paddle With Us.
We Stock Hundreds & offer Free Test Paddling Everyday!
Ontario’s Kayak Experts, since 1984