Eddyline Kayaks Fathom 16/5 Kayak Review
The Fathom 16/5 is the larger sibling to the Fathom LV 15/5 and an exciting new addition to our line of performance touring kayaks that is sure to please paddlers of any skill level who are looking for an extra edge.
The highly efficient design provides quick acceleration with cruising speed being easily maintained, while the hard chines mid-ship and shallow vee hull offer a high degree of initial and secondary stability. The Fathom 16/5 also incorporates a moderate degree of rocker making it very responsive to edged turns and advanced course correction strokes.
The Fathom 16/5 has sharp entry lines and a relatively narrow 22” beam, which allows for straight tracking and smooth glide. The skeg adjusts in small increments giving paddlers complete control when fine tuning in adverse conditions or when the boat is fully loaded with gear.
Additional volume is added to the front of the kayak to provide ample room for those with long legs or large feet and increases the overall weight capacity for medium- to large-sized paddlers. Contoured thigh braces along with the adjustable seat pan make for a customized fit despite varying body shapes.
Constructed from lightweight, UV resistant thermoform, the Fathom 16/5 is a trustworthy boat that you can grow your skills with long-term. And as you age, the manageable 50 lb carry weight will become even more appreciated!
- Three hatches and bulkheads for loads of watertight storage and positive buoyancy
- Full deck rigging for additional gear
- Safety perimeter lines bow and stern for re-entry
- Dual bungees next to the day pod to aid paddle float self-rescues
- Retractable grab handles bow and stern along with security loops for cable locks and tow point attachments
- Three-way adjustable seat with padding
- Recessed deck fitting for a sleek, clean finish
Experience a Vastly Superior Purchasing Process.
Frontenac Outfitters invites YOU to Paddle With Us.
We Stock Hundreds & offer Free Test Paddling Everyday!
Ontario’s Kayak Experts, since 1984
To view the Fathom 16/5 kayak on Eddyline's website, Click Here
Thermoform ~ 50 lbs / 22.7 kg$2795.00