Wilderness Systems ATAK 140 Kayak Review
The Wilderness Systems A.T.A.K. 140 Kayak, or “Advanced Tactical Angling Kayak,” is the cream of the crop when it comes to angling kayaks. It is designed for serious anglers who want to catch a lot of fish! It has been engineered from bow to stern to optimize your fishing experience, with no holds barred
The A.T.A.K. 140 kayak is the obvious choice for the capable angler. In addition to its many accessories and features, it offers maximum stability, making it easy to paddle with a load of gear, and easy to stand up in for casting and fly fishing. It can handle a paddler weight of 150 lbs-350 lbs, and is the only angler kayak made by Wilderness Systems to feature deck padding for confident standing.
The Wilderness Systems ATAK 140 Kayak also includes the newly designed Phase 3 AirPro Max seating system for improved comfort and adjustability, and it has multiple mounting points for add-on accessories to help improve your catch out on the water!
The ATAK can carry the most gear of any angling kayak we stock, with a max capacity of 550 lbs! A rectangular stern hatch makes it easy to place fishing rods in the internal rod holder, the large bow hatch provides dry storage for equipment, and a removable front console and centre hatch offers even more internal storage for whatever you need.
Built like a battle tank, the ATAK’s Gen2 polyethylene construction makes this kayak incredibly durable. It hull is shatterproof and offers incredible impact resistance and overall toughness. While this approach adds to the weight of the kayak, this is easily negated by adding a Kayak Cart to your arsenal. Call us today about getting one of these!
Note: While Wilderness Systems states the ATAK 140 is suitable for paddling in surf, due to the sit-on-top (S.O.T.) nature of the kayak, we recommend staying in flat-water, sheltered bays of larger lakes, or calmer waters. Recreational, S.O.T. kayaks do not incorporate as many safety features as day-touring models or sea kayaks, nor are they very efficient in waves and wind. For this reason, we suggest avoiding surf, ocean, or big water paddling when using the Wilderness Systems ATAK.
Unlike most fishing kayaks, the ATAK 140 is not simply an angler version of a regular S.O.T. From inception, the ATAK 140 was built for fishing, and for fishing only. It is simply bristling with features and accessories that will satisfy even the most gear-oriented anglers.
- Phase 3 AirPro Max Seat – Considered the industry’s finest by many, this patent-pending seat has a full forward/aft trim range and a three phase High, Low, and Recline positioning – achievable without any clipping or loosening of straps.
- Enclosed bow storage with integrated paddle park – Quickly stow your paddle and use both hands for reeling in your catch
- FlexPod OS Removable Console – this electronics console can be easily removed from the kayak to protect your devices
- Utility Tray w/ Removable Cover – great for parking your beverage and other commonly used items
- Open Deck Walk Space w/ Traction Pads
- 5” Midship Hatch
- Rectangular Stern Hatch – bungeed, and provides access to internal rod stager
- Oversized Metal Grab Handles – at bow and stern
- Molded-In Side Handles
- Self-Bailing Scupper Holes
- Keepers XL Foot Brace System
- Open Rear Tankwell w/ Bungee
- Generous accessory rails – for placing rod holders and other devices
- Proudly made in North America
Experience a Vastly Superior Purchasing Process.
Frontenac Outfitters invites YOU to Paddle With Us.
We Stock Hundreds & offer Free Test Paddling Everyday!
Canada's Paddlesports Experts since 1984
To view the ATAK 140 Kayak on Wilderness Systems website, Click Here!
Gen2 Polyethylene ~ 95 lbs / 43 kg$2549.00
Helix Motor Drive ~ 15 lbs / 7 kg
$2728.99$2542.99Save $186 - In-Stock Motors Only - Motor is not included with kayak.